4K visuals are the current rage in the market but at the same time it hard for everyone to experience 4K visuals they come with an expensive price. You must be thinking then you to have to wait for several months to save money and then buy a new 4K ultra hd projector. Well, you might not have to wait! Confused? Don’t be. Nowadays, there are many top brands who are coming up with the cheapest 4K projectors to fulfill your dream of experience 4K movies with your family and friends.
So, before heading to the review part, let’s check out the top pick and budget pick that our team has selected for you:
Lots of question must be circling your mind whether these cheap 4K models will offer a good performance or not? Whether they will last for years or not? Whether they will provide true 4K resolution or not? Well, you shouldn’t worry about anything as all the 4K models we have listed comes from some leading projectors brands in the world.
Let’s check our Top 10 Affordable 4k projector:
|Sony Native 4K|
Top 10 Cheapest 4K projector in 2020
1. Optoma UHD60 4K Projector: Best 4K Home Theater Projector
2. Epson 5040UB 3LCD 4K Projector: Best Budget 4K Projector
3. BenQ HT2550 4K Projector: Best home projector with Latest Technology
4. Epson 5040UBe 4K Projector: Leading 3D 4K Projector
5. Sony Native 4K Projector: Great 4K projector from Sony
6. Vivitek HK2288-WH HD 4K Projector: Extremely Budget Friendly 4K Projector
7. Acer V7850 4K Projector: Low cost 4K projector with premium quality
8. ViewSonic PX727 4K Projector: Ultimate 4K Gaming Projector
9. Sony VPLVW285ES 4K Projector: True 4k Home Theater Projector
10. Epson 4K Projectors: High quality 4k video projector
Factors To Consider While Buying Cheapest 4K Projector:
The elements that you should check out,
- Resolution – While buying a cheap 4K model, you should consider a model with 3840 X 2160 pixel or 4096 X 2160 native resolution, which is regarded as the true 4K resolution. 3840 x 2160 is the standard 4K resolution that you will find in most budget 4K projectors. It might have slightly less pixel than true 4K, but it is not inferior than the former. . However, you can also go for models with 4K enhancement facility. But remember, you won’t get the exact the accurate 4K color output, clarity, and quality with 4K enhancement projector.
- Display Technology – When it comes to budget 4K models, you will only get the option of DLP and LCD as SXRD and LCOS don’t fall in the budget range. DLP serves as the popular choice for inexpensive 4K models as it offers better black depth and color saturation than LCD models. Moreover, it offers low input lag and fast response time that makes it ideal for fast-paced movies and games. Whereas LCD models pamper you with better brightness and clarity than DLP 4K chips. However, it fails to deliver fast response time or low input lag as DLP chips.
- Brightness – You shouldn’t settle with a projector with lumens below 1500, and it would be ideal to get lumens figure around 2500 or more. Higher the lumens figure better will be the clarity of the 4K resolution. However, you should consider the lumens figure according to your setup place. If there is a lot of light interference, then we would suggest you to go more 3000 ANSI lumens. However, if you can maintain a completely dark environment, then you can choose between 1500 and 2500 ANSI lumens.
- Contrast Ratio – Contrast plays a unique role in the 4K visuals and minimum 50000:1 contrast ratio is required to maintain good black depth. Never settle for low contrast ratio because it will ruin the whole 4k resolution output A higher contrast ratio will not only treat you with deep black and bright white but will also enhance the quality by a large margin.
- Color – Like contrast ratio, you should adequately pay attention to color, and you should properly check the color accuracy. Minimum 90% of coverage of REC709 or REC2020 is required for good color production. Also, check whether it comes with proper color technology.
- Screen Size and Throw Ratio – Well, you will definitely want to watch 4K movies on a large screen. Check whether your projector offers a wide screen range so that you change the screen size depending upon the crowd. For the throw ratio, you should decide it depending upon the set up place. We would suggest you to go for a short-throw ratio because it assists you in projecting 100inch image from just 2m away.
- Connectivity – The number of connectivity should be optimum, and it should carry HDMI, HDCP 2.2, USB, VGA, D-Sub, and RS232. However, it would an added advantage if you get a model with LAN, Wi-Fi, MHL, DVI, etc.
- Tuning Options – Tuning facilities comes handy during installation and to rectify image distortion. You should look out that your 4K projector should have lens shift, zoom, focus, and keystone correction.
- Lamp Life – Having a good lamp life would be a significant consideration because it will ensure excellent longevity and low cost of ownership. Most of the 4K projectors come with low lamp life due to heavy usage of energy, but there are models that offer around 10000hours. Moreover, look for models with technologies that enhance lamp longevity.
- Cost – Never opt for a model that comes with a meager price as there will be chances you might be duped. Most of the affordable 4K projectors come with a price tag around $1000, so you should check out this factor.
4K Projector VS 1080P Projector: Which One Is Better?
Well, both 4K projector and 1080p projector are quite similar in terms of work and feature, but they differ in terms of the visual quality. Let’s look at all the primary differences:
Resolution: 4K or UHD projectors either come with 3840 X 2160 or 4096 X 2160 as their native resolution and this pixel count determines the quality of the visuals. Whereas 1080p projectors come with 1920 X 1080 native resolution which is four times less than UHD or true 4K resolution. As well all the know better the pixel count better the visual quality.
Compatibility with screen size: 4K projectors are mostly compatible with all the standard screen size but 1080p faces pixel issue when goes beyond 100inch or more. The clear image size of the 1080p projector is generally low whereas 4K models come with a high clear screen size range.
Content Compatibility: 4K contents are getting favorite day by day, but still it doesn’t hold the content share that 1080p contents have in the digital as well as the physical world. Almost every material nowadays come with 1080p compatibility while the number of 4K contents is quite low and they are mostly associated with expensive production videos.
Cost: It is apparent to everyone that on an average 4K projectors cost more than 1080p and it is not feasible for everyone to own an excellent 4K model. The price of a 1080p projector starts around $500 while it starts around $1500 for a 4K projector.
FAQ about Inexpensive 4K projectors
Q: What is 4k projector actually?
4K projectors are standard projectors with 4096 X 2160 or 3840 X 2160 native resolution, and they offer four times the quality and clarity than Full HD models.
Q: Are Ultra HD and 4k the same?
Both Ultra HD and 4K is entirely the same as they both offer 3840 X 2160 resolution although they provide smaller resolution than actual Cinema 4K projector.
Q: How many lumens do a 4K projector requires?
Well, there is no ideal lumens number, and it is not always a good move to go for a high brightness level. However minimum 1500lumens serves as the essential requirement to offer bright 4K visuals.
Q: Is 4k projector worth it?
4K projectors are worth it as it provides four times the pixels of Full HD which ensures lifelike quality and clarity. However, you need to play 4K contents to make it worth.
Q:Why is the price of a 4k projector high?
Expensive hardware and technologies are incorporated in 4K projectors so the production cost is generally high and this is why 4K projectors are costly in the market.
Q: What is a 4k projector screen size?
ANSWER: There is no particular 4K screen size, and any clear screen range is ideal for playing your favorite 4K video content.
Q: Is it possible to watch 3D in 4K resolution?
It is entirely possible to watch 3D contents in 4K resolution but the number of 3D capable 4K projectors is quite low, and they are too expensive.
Q:What is the 1080P projector?
A 1080p projector is an imaging device that offers 1920 X 1080 pixels as a native resolution and holds the capability to play Full HD video contents.
Q: What type of Content for 4K Projectors?
You can play any type of content in a 4K projector starting high-end 4K videos to standard DVD movies, but it depends upon the format support of the projector
Q: Do I need new HDMI cables for 4k?
ANSWER: Yes! You will require HDMI 2.0 cable for your 4K projector so it can offer 4K video at 60Hz, 18Gbps and 48bit/px color depth.
Q: How much does a 4k projector cost?
ANSWER: Those days are gone when 4K projectors used to cost around $5000 and nowadays the price has significantly went down. Now you can easily own a 4K model around $1500 and they worth every penny. The amount of 4K projector entirely depend upon the resolution characteristics as well as the features and still many 4K models with true 4K resolution (4096 X 2160) cost around $5000 or more. Most of the 4K budget models either come with 3820 X 2160 native 4K UHD resolution or they come 4K enhancement technology.