As TVs are getting skinny day by day, the audio output is also degrading as the manufacturer are more into visual quality than audio quality. So would you prefer watching a high definition movie on $2000 TV with poor sound? Or would you add a high-quality soundbar to augment with the HD quality?
Well, as a smart buyer you will obviously want to get an excellent audio experience at an affordable rate. As $200 range is considered as the starting point, we have listed some best soundbar under 200 dollar range that will satisfy you in every way.
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Top Pick & Budget Pick
- 2 Best Soundbar Under 200 – Comparison
- 2.1 1. ZVOX AccuVoice AV200 Soundbar: The Best Soundbar for TV
- 2.2 2. Vizio SB2821-D6 2.1 Channel Soundbar: The Best Budget Soundbar
- 2.3 3. Samsung HW-J355 2.1 Channel Soundbar: The Best Soundbar with Subwoofer
- 2.4 4. Yamaha YAS-108 Soundbar: The Best Bluetooth Soundbar
- 2.5 5. JBL Boost TV Compact Soundbar: The Best Wireless Soundbar
- 3 What is a Soundbar?
- 4 Buying Guide of Soundbar Under 200
Our Top Pick & Budget Pick
JITTERY ABOUT NOT FINDING THE RIGHT ONE? GET OUR TOP PICK
ZVOX AccuVoice AV200 Soundbar:
There was no better model than ZVOX AccuVoice AV200 when you are looking for the top pick of best soundbar for music list. This decision has been taken after a lot of comparison test, and it emerged as the clear winner in this list of the cheap soundbar.
SHORT ON BUDGET? TAKE A PEEK AT OUR BUDGET PICK
Vizio SB2821-D6 2.1 Soundbar:
For the budget pick, our team has selected Vizio SB2821-D6 soundbar which is often considered as one of the best affordable soundbars in the market. It is a meticulously designed product that will disappoint you in neither in quality nor build quality.
So we have discussed about our top pick and budget pick, now it is time to move the main review section which will provide you a detailed idea about all the best soundbar under $200.
Best Soundbar Under 200 – Comparison
|ZVOX AV200||Infrared||Soundbar||Check Latest Price|
|Vizio SB2821-D6||Bluetooth||Soundbar||Check Latest Price|
|Samsung HW-J355||Bluetooth, USB||Subwoofer||Check Latest Price|
|Yamaha YAS-108||Bluetooth, HDMI||Subwoofer||Check Latest Price|
|JBL Boost||Bluetooth, wireless||Soundbar||Check Latest Price|
1. ZVOX AccuVoice AV200 Soundbar: The Best Soundbar for TV
- Three 3X2inch full range speaker.
- 24watt class D amplifier.
- Output Leveling processor.
- AccuVoice technology.
- Hearing aid technology for voice clarity.
ZVOX AccuVoice AV200 is one of those rare models that can found in every expert’s list of the best inexpensive soundbar and it is all due to its crystal-clear sound output.
ZVOX AccuVoice AV200 may offer compact size, but it gets in the driving seat when it comes to delivering a theater-like audio experience for any movie. This soundbar home-theater packs a three full range speaker whose main job is to produce fluidic audio for all frequency audio range without distortion. The 24-watt high-efficiency Class D digital amplifier also plays a significant role in notching up the soundbar quality.
This soundbar TV is loaded with modern technologies and its hearing-aid technology for voice clarity serves as proof. Moreover, it also bags AccuVoice technology that intensifies the voice clarity by large margin thus making it one of the best soundbars for dialogue clarity. You will be surely mesmerized by surrounding audio and it all because of its PhaseCue virtual-surround processing. While watching TV, you won’t have to bother about loud commercials as its Output Level takes care of that issue.
With aluminum casing, this soundbar 3.1 system not provides premium build-quality but also a good room filling. The control buttons are also of high-quality and work with soft touch.
The 17 X 3.1 X 2.9inch offers a compact body which blends with any TV size, and you can comfortably place it anywhere you want. The soundbar installation is extremely straightforward and only requires one chord for connection.
Things we liked
- Crystal clear voice clarity in all situation.
- Powerful sound despite its compact size.
- Good build quality.
- Best-in-class audio technologies at an affordable price.
Things we didn’t like
- Lacks Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- It doesn’t get HDMI port.
Bought a new TV for home entertainment? Thinking to get the best soundbar for TV? Then check out ZVOX AccuVoice AV200.
2. Vizio SB2821-D6 2.1 Channel Soundbar: The Best Budget Soundbar
- Dual driver with wireless subwoofer.
- 95dB of room filling.
- Bluetooth connectivity.
- DTS sound technology.
- 50Hz-19KHz system frequency.
Vizio SB2821-D6 is a widely popular model whose main is not only to reach a greater mass but also treat them with an expansive audio experience at a budget price.
We can assure you that this soundbar with subwoofer will baffle you with its audio output and its 2.5 full-range drivers are partly responsible. While watching a movie or listening to music, it’s 95dB of room filling with less than 1% harmonic distortion will completely immerse you at the moment. It even gets a subwoofer that assists this mini soundbar to produce a heart-pumping cinematic sound that are normal in high-end audio devices.
With this soundbar with Bluetooth, you will be pampered with some premium sound technologies. It gets the legendary Dolby Digital which brings out the best from every movie audio. To create a realistic cinematic environment, it even uses DTS TruSurround which will make you sit in the couch for hours. You won’t have to touch the sound volume as its DTS TruVolume delivers a comfortable volume level in any situation.
This 28inch boast a streamline body design with a mesh coating on the top layer. It might weigh around 3.85lbs but don’t be fooled by its sophisticated fiber build quality that won’t wear out anytime soon.
It bars you from any complicated setup process as you can use its soundbar mount for wall or just place it anywhere as it offers Bluetooth connectivity. In addition to a wireless connection, you will also get 5inch RCA, 5inch digital coaxial cable and 4inch digital optical cable for wired connection.
Things we liked
- Immerse audio experience with pinpoint clarity.
- It gets assistance from DTS sound technology.
- Deep bass with a clear voice.
- It bites only little amount of place.
- Seamless Bluetooth streaming.
Things we didn’t like
- The absence of HDMI.
Transform your home into a mini theater with Vizio SB2821-D6 that has all the audio capability that you will need at an affordable rate.
3. Samsung HW-J355 2.1 Channel Soundbar: The Best Soundbar with Subwoofer
- 120-watt 2.1 Channel.
- Wired Subwoofer.
- Bluetooth with TV Sound Connect.
- Optical and USB connectivity.
- Digital display.
When you talk about the state of the earth soundbar with built in subwoofer, one name that will come in every discussion is Samsung HW-J355.
In terms of audio quality, it will never cease to amaze you with dramatic sound output and punchy bass whether it is for movie or music. It features 120-watts of total power which results in a rich treble, soft mid and dynamic low thus making it an ideal sound for projector. Samsung has also geared this master blaster with a digital amp and four sound modes to make it suitable for all kind of audio experience.
It might not boast a plethora of audio technologies, but whatever it offers assist the device to stay at the top of its game. It gets traditional Dolby Digital 2 channel and DTS 2 Channel that is known for enhancing the audio by adding more clarity and purity. It even bags a Crystal Amp Plus technology which is there to pump the music quality without any distortion.
You won’t have to worry about its build quality as Samsung is well known for offering premium fiber body in all their soundbars. The quality of the buttons are also excellent, and it works with soft touch.
This soundbar for PC requires a few seconds to complete the installation as it needs one optical cable for connection. In addition to wireless streaming, you can use the Bluetooth along with Samsung Audio Remote app to control the soundbar.
Things we liked
- Entirely value for money.
- Top-notch voice clarity with balanced bass.
- Works seamlessly with the Samsung Remote app.
- It comes with a wall mounting bracket.
Things we didn’t like
- It often causes lag.
- The remote isn’t that good.
If you are on a tight but still desire to get the best soundbar with subwoofer, then we would suggest you to hunt for Samsung HW-J335.
4. Yamaha YAS-108 Soundbar: The Best Bluetooth Soundbar
- Clear voice.
- DTS Virtual:X surround sound.
- Dual inbuilt subwoofer with two tweeters and two woofers.
- Wide range Bluetooth.
- HDMI ARC and digital optical.
Everyone is well aware that Yamaha has always managed to impress everyone with its prolific lineup of soundbars and YAS-108 is no different.
YAS-108 is all about delivering you premium audio quality so that it can take your TV or music experience to the next level. The crisp and rich mid-range provided by its dual tweeter and dual woofer is simply outstanding, and it results in ear-soothing audio experience. This soundbar built in subwoofer with bass extension processor delivers you a dynamic bass which you won’t expect from a single unit. The 120-watt power output is more than sufficient because it offers a good room filling with minimal distortion.
While watching a movie or listening to music, you won’t have to pay close attention as its Clear Voice mode brings out all the lyrics and narration without hindering the quality. With DTX Virtual:X 3D surround sound, it completely immerses you in action. In fact, it also gets support from Dolby Digital and Dolby Pro Logic II to bring out the true cinematic sound.
It might look ordinary in the first look, but once you start using, you will understand it doesn’t come with average build quality. It is entirely based on high-quality plastic with black mesh covering so it can blend with any top-end TV or music system.
This soundbar with HDMI arc, HDMI IN, analog, TV, and subwoofer out make the setup an extremely tire free process. Moreover, you can even connect it using Bluetooth and Amazon Alexa for seamless music streaming. If you have a space issue, it also offers you wall mount installation so you can position it and place it wherever you want.
Things we liked
- Immense voice and sound clarity at the given price.
- It comfortably pairs with two Bluetooth devices.
- The surround sound is really amazing.
- Oozes out a balanced audio quality.
- Availability of a lot of connection facilities.
Things we didn’t like
- It fails to deliver the deepest bass.
- Poor remote quality.
Yamaha YAS-108 is a fantastic device that at an affordable price point treats you with exceptional audio quality and loads of feature.
5. JBL Boost TV Compact Soundbar: The Best Wireless Soundbar
- 92dB room filing.
- 30watt power output.
- Dual bass port design.
- Harmon Display surround.
- JBL SoundShift and JBL Connect.
JBL Boost TV is a highly rated soundbar that has been designed for users who love to carry their soundbox in different rooms of the house.
It may be padded with 30-watt power rating, but with its 92dB room filling, it creates an excellent audio environment for both movie and music. Unsurprisingly, it bags an extensive 60Hz-20KHz frequency response thus allowing you to hear high pitch sound and deep bass of music while keeping the quality intact. JBL has designed this portable device with dual bass port design thus allowing it to treat your ear with a home theater sound with punchy bass.
Augment your movie experience with fluidic sound quality as well as crystal-clear surround sound, and all the credit goes to its Dolby Digital with Harman Display Surround. If you want to add more speaker to tackle large gathering in a house party, then you can utilize JBL Connect to amplify the audio experience. To maximize the user experience, it even JBL Soundshift so that you can switch between audio of your TV and smartphone whenever you desire.
According to our team, this soundbar USB model offers one of the best build quality in the entry range, and every item is well laid out in the body. The buttons are highly responsive, and the mesh grill is almost scratch proof so don’t worry about any wear and tear.
Like other models in this list, this JBL device also requires simple installation, and you just have to use its Bluetooth to play music. However, unlike others, JBL offers a pairing of 3 devices simultaneously. The rear section houses both optical and analog audio port so that you can enjoy music through wired connectivity.
Things we liked
- Extremely lightweight and portable.
- Good room filling with immense clarity.
- Deep bass at this price point.
- It is quite easy to operate.
Things we didn’t like
- Shrill audio at high volume.
- It often causes an echo in voices.
Pleasing performance and compact body design is your main priority? Then look no further and go for JBL Boost TV.
We hope we have been able to provide you a detailed review of all the best soundbars under 200. To assist you more in the buying process, we have provided crucial facts;
What is a Soundbar?
A soundbar can be described as a blend of a full range speaker in a small compact body whose main job is to offer you optimum audio experience at affordable price. Basically, it is designed to provide home theater sound without biting a large amount of space. They come in slim shape where the drivers are placed side by side for either stereo or surround sound effect. Some sound driver even comes with a separate subwoofer so that it can deliver better bass than inbuilt woofers.
Buying Guide of Soundbar Under 200
Here are some key factors that you need to consider while buying soundbar under 200;
- Audio Quality – Never compromise on the sound quality when you are choosing a soundbar as it will determine your audio experience. Always go for high wattage and drivers like neodymium because it will ensure you will be treated with high-quality audio. Look for models with wide frequency range such as 60Hz-20Khz so that you can enjoy high pitch sound, soft mid and deep bass at the same time.
- Audio Technologies – Make sure you soundbar is loaded with all the required audio technologies like Dolby Digital, DTS Surround (for virtual surround sound), Clear voice ( for voice clarity), etc. Higher the number of technical features better will be the audio output.
- Size – We all know soundbars come in compact and slim sizes, but there are models that come with an external woofer. So if little amount extra space isn’t your concern, then purchasing a soundbar with wireless or wired subwoofer will be a smart choice as it will better bass. However, if you are looking for something which is extremely portable and will fit in a tiny place, then compact models with inbuilt subwoofer should be your buy.
- Connectivity – Connectivity plays a crucial when you are purchasing a soundbar and always check whether the model comes with AUX, analog, optical and HDMI port. Bluetooth is a must if you also want to explore wireless streaming and check whether it offers good coverage or not.
- Build Quality – The build quality of the model should be top-notch and never compromise on the build. A soundbar with excellent build quality will ensure not only good durability but also a good room filling.
Soundbar V/S Surround Sound:
Here are some primary difference between soundbar and surround sound.
- Size – For modern day apartments, soundbar serves as the ideal audio equipment as it takes a little amount of space and you can literally fit it anywhere. Whereas surround sound takes a huge amount of space as they come with five separate speakers.
- Sound Quality – A soundbar definitely fails to achieve the audio quality that surround sound will produce but the overall quality they provide is sufficient enough. Moreover, to compensate for the surrounding effect, soundbar gets virtual surround technique to fool the ears.
- Installation – The installation process for the soundbar is pretty straightforward as you just have to connect it using cable or Bluetooth and place anywhere you want. However, for surround sound, you have to join a lot of wires and opt for perfect speaker placement.
- Price – Pricing wise, soundbar comes with a wide pricing range as it starts around $75 and goes more $2000. Where for surround sound, you will have to spend a minimum $200 to get a decent brand with decent quality.
FAQ on Soundbar Under $200:
Now, let’s move to the FAQ section to clear out any air of confusion;
Q: Is a soundbar worth it?
ANSWER: A soundbar is absolutely worth the price you pay as it not only offers premium audio experience but also saves a lot of space in your room.
Q: What brand is the best soundbar?
ANSWER: Well, this is a debatable question as different people have a different opinion. Some people might say brands like Sony and Samsung are the best in the market while others might say Yamaha and Bose are best. So it varies from people to people.
Q: What is the difference between a 2.1 and 5.1 sound bar?
ANSWER: The main difference between 2.1 and 5.1 is that the former comes with only two drivers and one external subwoofer. While the 5.1 soundbar gets four drivers in the slim box and an external subwoofer.
Q: What size soundbar do you need?
ANSWER: Soundbar comes in varied sizes, and it entirely depends upon the space you have as well as your installation requirement. So if you have small and only looking for wall mount, then a single bar is what you need. Otherwise, you can opt for a traditional large soundbar with external subwoofer.
Q: Can any soundbar work with any TV?
ANSWER: Soundbars work with any TV it is connected to as it needs either cable or Bluetooth connection for connectivity. There is no compatibility issue so you can consider it as a universal audio device.
Q: Do you need a subwoofer with a soundbar?
ANSWER: If you are bass head and would love to experience the deep bass of every music, then you will need a subwoofer with the soundbar. Inbuilt subwoofer fails to deliver you the bass that an external bass can produce.
Q: Do soundbars have bass?
ANSWER: Yes, soundbars have bass, and the type of bass varies from model to model. Some models come with inbuilt bass with unique cone design while other gets an external subwoofer.
Q: Do you need a receiver with a soundbar?
ANSWER: Nowadays most of the soundbars come with inbuilt amplifier (active soundbar), so you won’t need a receiver to get crisp audio quality.
Q: Will a soundbar improve dialogue?
ANSWER: Soundbar doesn’t improve dialogue; rather it brings clarity in the conversation so that you can hear them correctly without requiring subtitles.