As TVs are getting skinny day by day, the audio output is also degrading as the manufacturer are more into visual quality than audio quality. So would you prefer watching a high definition movie on $2000 TV with poor sound? Or would you add a high-quality soundbar to augment with the HD quality?
Well, as a smart buyer you will obviously want to get an excellent audio experience at an affordable rate. As $200 range is considered as the starting point, we have listed some best soundbar under 200 dollar range that will satisfy you in every way.
Our Top Pick & Budget Pick
Top 5 Best Soundbar Under $200 In 2020 At A Glance
1. ZVOX AccuVoice AV200 Soundbar: The Best Soundbar for TV
2. Vizio SB2821-D6 2.1 Channel Soundbar: The Best Budget Soundbar
3. Samsung HW-J355 2.1 Channel Soundbar: The Best Soundbar with Subwoofer
4. Yamaha YAS-108 Soundbar: The Best Bluetooth Soundbar
5. JBL Boost TV Compact Soundbar: The Best Wireless Soundbar
We hope we have been able to provide you a detailed review of all the best soundbars under 200. To assist you more in the buying process, we have provided crucial facts;
What is a Soundbar?
A soundbar can be described as a blend of a full range speaker in a small compact body whose main job is to offer you optimum audio experience at affordable price. Basically, it is designed to provide home theater sound without biting a large amount of space. They come in slim shape where the drivers are placed side by side for either stereo or surround sound effect. Some sound driver even comes with a separate subwoofer so that it can deliver better bass than inbuilt woofers.
Buying Guide of Soundbar Under 200
Here are some key factors that you need to consider while buying soundbar under 200;
- Audio Quality – Never compromise on the sound quality when you are choosing a soundbar as it will determine your audio experience. Always go for high wattage and drivers like neodymium because it will ensure you will be treated with high-quality audio. Look for models with wide frequency range such as 60Hz-20Khz so that you can enjoy high pitch sound, soft mid and deep bass at the same time.
- Audio Technologies – Make sure you soundbar is loaded with all the required audio technologies like Dolby Digital, DTS Surround (for virtual surround sound), Clear voice ( for voice clarity), etc. Higher the number of technical features better will be the audio output.
- Size – We all know soundbars come in compact and slim sizes, but there are models that come with an external woofer. So if little amount extra space isn’t your concern, then purchasing a soundbar with wireless or wired subwoofer will be a smart choice as it will better bass. However, if you are looking for something which is extremely portable and will fit in a tiny place, then compact models with inbuilt subwoofer should be your buy.
- Connectivity – Connectivity plays a crucial when you are purchasing a soundbar and always check whether the model comes with AUX, analog, optical and HDMI port. Bluetooth is a must if you also want to explore wireless streaming and check whether it offers good coverage or not.
- Build Quality – The build quality of the model should be top-notch and never compromise on the build. A soundbar with excellent build quality will ensure not only good durability but also a good room filling.
Soundbar V/S Surround Sound:
Here are some primary difference between soundbar and surround sound.
- Size – For modern day apartments, soundbar serves as the ideal audio equipment as it takes a little amount of space and you can literally fit it anywhere. Whereas surround sound takes a huge amount of space as they come with five separate speakers.
- Sound Quality – A soundbar definitely fails to achieve the audio quality that surround sound will produce but the overall quality they provide is sufficient enough. Moreover, to compensate for the surrounding effect, soundbar gets virtual surround technique to fool the ears.
- Installation – The installation process for the soundbar is pretty straightforward as you just have to connect it using cable or Bluetooth and place anywhere you want. However, for surround sound, you have to join a lot of wires and opt for perfect speaker placement.
- Price – Pricing wise, soundbar comes with a wide pricing range as it starts around $75 and goes more $2000. Where for surround sound, you will have to spend a minimum $200 to get a decent brand with decent quality.
FAQ on Soundbar Under $200:
Now, let’s move to the FAQ section to clear out any air of confusion;
Q: Is a soundbar worth it?
ANSWER: A soundbar is absolutely worth the price you pay as it not only offers premium audio experience but also saves a lot of space in your room.
Q: What brand is the best soundbar?
ANSWER: Well, this is a debatable question as different people have a different opinion. Some people might say brands like Sony and Samsung are the best in the market while others might say Yamaha and Bose are best. So it varies from people to people.
Q: What is the difference between a 2.1 and 5.1 sound bar?
ANSWER: The main difference between 2.1 and 5.1 is that the former comes with only two drivers and one external subwoofer. While the 5.1 soundbar gets four drivers in the slim box and an external subwoofer.
Q: What size soundbar do you need?
ANSWER: Soundbar comes in varied sizes, and it entirely depends upon the space you have as well as your installation requirement. So if you have small and only looking for wall mount, then a single bar is what you need. Otherwise, you can opt for a traditional large soundbar with external subwoofer.
Q: Can any soundbar work with any TV?
ANSWER: Soundbars work with any TV it is connected to as it needs either cable or Bluetooth connection for connectivity. There is no compatibility issue so you can consider it as a universal audio device.
Q: Do you need a subwoofer with a soundbar?
ANSWER: If you are bass head and would love to experience the deep bass of every music, then you will need a subwoofer with the soundbar. Inbuilt subwoofer fails to deliver you the bass that an external bass can produce.
Q: Do soundbars have bass?
ANSWER: Yes, soundbars have bass, and the type of bass varies from model to model. Some models come with inbuilt bass with unique cone design while other gets an external subwoofer.
Q: Do you need a receiver with a sound bar?
ANSWER: Nowadays most of the soundbars come with inbuilt amplifier (active soundbar), so you won’t need a receiver to get crisp audio quality.
Q: Will a soundbar improve dialogue?
ANSWER: Soundbar doesn’t improve dialogue; rather it brings clarity in the conversation so that you can hear them correctly without requiring subtitles.