Nowadays a TV doesn’t give you the viewing experience that you can get on a projector while watching a movie or playing your favorite game. The market offers you a plethora of choices for getting the finest viewing experience. Surprisingly, you won’t have to liquidate your bank account to find the finest one in the market, as you can easily get a potent model under 500 dollar range. So to help you out, I have made a highly curated list of best projector under 500 dollars that includes some potential models to quench your entertainment need.
Our Top Pick & Budget Pick
Along with the top and budget pick, we also like to provide you with a detailed review of all the top projector under 500 which is handpicked by our experts. Apart from the analysis, we also came forward with a buying guide and reasons for buying projectors under 500. Now, let’s dive in,
Best Projector Under 500: Our Utmost Choices
|Quick Look||Name||Brightness||Lamp Life||Check Out|
|Optoma ML750 WXGA||700 lumens||20,000 hours|
|ViewSonic PA503X Projector||3600 lumens||15,000 hours|
|Epson EX3260 Projector||3300 lumens||10,000 hours|
|Epson VS355 projector||3300 lumens||10,000 hours|
|BenQ MH530FHD Projector||3300 lumens||10,000 hours|
Best Projector Under 500 Dollars For 2020
1. Optoma ML750 WXGA: Easy to Carry
2. ViewSonic PA503X Projector: Superb HDMI Projector
3. Epson EX3260 Projector: Great Picture Quality
4. Epson VS355 projector: High Quality LCD Projector
5. BenQ MH530FHD Projector: Right One For Home Theater
6. Acer H5382BD: Get Best 3D Experience
7. BenQ WXGA: Perfect Business Projector
Buying Guide of Projectors Under $500
List of all the essential considerations;
- Projection Type: While you are considering a projector under 500, it is better to opt for DLP or 3LCD projection as they offer better quality than TFT LCD. DLP has some issue regarding black depth, and rainbow effect LCD faces motion blur or 3D artifacts. So you should choose depending upon your need.
- Lumens: It would be a wise decision to choose lumens between 3000-4000 range as it offers best the brightness level. However, depending upon the budget, you can also select around 1500 lumens but never go below 1000 lumens or 100 ANSI lumens.
- Resolution: As we all know, better the resolution, the better the image quality and 480p serve as the minimum bar. Getting 720p or 1080p native resolution serves as the likely choice, but it entirely depends upon your budget.
- Contrast Ratio: Always make sure, when you are getting a projector it should have a wide contrast range. The ideal contrast ratio range is around 10000:1 and experts suggest that you shouldn’t go below 5000:1 as it won’t offer excellent clarity.
- Image Size: Well, the image size range entirely depends upon your room as well as usage purpose. If you are looking to use your projector both indoor and outdoor, then opt for something a wide projection size. Otherwise, you can get a projector that has a decent projection range.
- Throw Ratio: Different projector has a different throw ratio, and you should choose throw ratio considering the size of your room. If you have a large room, then throw ratio won’t matter to you much. But if you have a small room, then always go for low or short throw ratio as it will be able to achieve a large screen size from a short distance.
- Lamp Life: It is ideal to go for a lamp with great lifespan as it lamp replacement is a costly affair. Make sure you are light has a lifespan around 10000hour which will help it run for minimum 3years.
Why Should You Buy Projector Under 500?
Well, the answer is not that simple as the range under 500 dollar offers a plethora of choices ranging from cheap brands to well-known brands like Epson, BenQ, Acer, etc. Many consider it as a safe range as you will lot of projector pertaining to your requirement without making a hole in your pocket. Models within 500 range offer excellent visual quality and various features which are sufficient enough to provide mesmerizing movie session or smooth presentation. Although you won’t get any fancy features, but the models below $500 are entirely value for money.
FAQ on 500 Dollar Projector
Q: Are 500 projectors good for home theater?
ANSWER: Projectors under 500 dollar are absolutely right for home theater as most of them come with all the right hardware and feature to offer good entertainment.
Q: Can I get HD projector under 500?
ANSWER: Yes, you can get a projector with HD native resolution under 500, but the number of choices is not that high.
Q: How do I make my projector clearer?
ANSWER: To make the projected image clearer, you need to use the focus ring or any other similar adjustment tool to focus the visual on the screen properly.
Q: What are ANSI lumens in projectors?
ANSWER: ANSI lumens in a projector is a standard unit which determines the measurement of light or brightness level.
Q: How many lumens is a 50-watt halogen bulb?
ANSWER: According to the standard measurement, 50-watt halogen bulb emits lumens between 500-700 range.
Q: How are Projector lumens calculated?
ANSWER: First, you need to start your projector and project white light on the screen. Then take several lux reading using a light meter. After that, you have to multiply the reading with a square foot of the screen and 0.09290304.