It has become a trend among millennial to host outdoor movie session in the backyard and projector serves as the cost-effective and easy solution. There are a plethora of choices when it comes to projecting movie on the screen.
So would you invest in a home theater projector that is not meant for outdoors? Or would you rather invest in a designated outdoor projector? Well, as a smart user you will always want to spend your hard-earned money on the best outdoor projector that will be worth every penny.
Our Top Pick & Budget Pick
Now, a lot of queries must be revolving in your mind regarding the list of best outside projectors we have created for you. To drive away all those thoughts, we have made a detailed outdoor projector review section of all the model which will give you a proper insight into the product. We have even included FAQ and an informative section for your assistance. So without making further delay let’s start with the backyard projector reviews.
Top 10 Best Outdoor Projector For 2019 At A Glance
|Quick Look||Name||Projection size||Resulation||Check Out|
|GooDee Outdoor Movie Projector||44-200 inches||1080p|
|QKK Outdoor LED Projector||32-176 inches||1080p|
|ViewSonic PA503S Projector||30-300 inches||1080p|
|WOWOTO T8E Full HD Projector||40-300 inches||1080p|
|BenQ HT2050A Projector||60-180 inches||1080p|
|Wsky 2019 Outdoor Portable Projector||30-176 inches||1080p|
|Nebula Mars Lite Portable Cinema||20-150 inches||720P|
|Epson VS355 3LCD projector||33-320 inches||1080p|
|Optoma HD27HDR Home Theater Projector||28-305 inches||1080p|
|Vamvo Projectors for Outdoor||15-130 inches||1080p|
Buying Guide of Buying Guide of Outdoor Projector
Here we present a detailed buying guide of the outdoor projector;
- Projection Type – Basically you get two choices when it comes to projection type for outdoor models, and they are DLP and LCD. DLP is the most common choice as it offers excellent contrast, 3D output, and brightness in outdoor condition but faces rainbow effect. LCD on the other hand, provide better brightness and energy efficiency than DLP but lacks in black depth.
- Resolution – The resolution determines the detailing on the screen, and to enjoy movie in outdoor, then you would need a good resolution like 1080p. Full HD resolution serves as the best bait, but it entirely depends upon the budget. We would recommend you to never go below 480p resolution as it offers a good image quality in outdoor.
- Lumens – Lumens number is probably the most crucial feature to look into because it will determine the brightness level of the visual. To get the best brightness always go above 3000 ANSI lumens as you will get excellent image quality even in ambient light. But you should never go below 500 ANSI or 1500 lumens as it serves as the basic requirement.
- Contrast Ratio – Never compromise on the contrast ratio as it determines the quality of the black level and shades. Contrast ratio figure of 1000:1 indicates that the black levels are 1000 times blacker than white in the image. Always look high contrast ratio as higher the ratio better will the image quality as well as clarity.
- Connectivity – When you are setting a projector in the outdoor area, you need to have all the essential connectivity options available to you. When you are choosing a projector, you should check whether it has HDMI, VGA, USB, and audio 3.5mm as the necessary connectivity options.
Reasons to Buy Outdoor Projector:
There are numerous perks to choose outdoor projector over traditional ones, and they are;
- Detailing – The detailing offered by outdoor projectors in the outdoor is much more effective than what is offered by indoor or home theater models. These projectors overcome all the obstacles delivers the actual quality without getting affected.
- High Brightness – The brightness remains intact as they are geared extra amount of lumens thus ultimately offering a good visual with optimum vividness.
- Balanced Contrast Ratio – The contrast ratios are configured in such a way that the richness and color contrast doesn’t get affected even in ambient light.
- Large Image – The screen sizes of outdoor projectors are generally larger, and they also offer a wide clear screen range.
- Easy to port – Generally outdoor models are compact in size and lightweight so that it can easily be carried or lifted for outdoor purpose.
- A lot of image adjustments – In a common scenario, outdoor models carry better image adjustment options than regular ones as it heavily needed during open-air setup.
Outdoor Projector Setup Process:
Here we have presented an easy and compact setup process;
- Step1: First you need to set up the screen on your backyard or designated outdoor area. You can either mount it in a fixed place or set it using the stand given with the screen.
- Step2: After setting the screen, you need to put the projector according to your requirement. While placing the projector, you should place it depending upon the throw distance. Always place it in small stool or tripod so that it can stay even.
- Step3: Then connect the projector with the video source and audio source. Keep the video source closer to the projector. The audio device should be placed near the seating area or else near the screen.
- Stpe4: Before playing the movie, you need to put a test screen image on the screen. If you find any deformation, then you need to use the keystone, zoom, focus and lens shift to correct it. So after everything, you will ready to enjoy your outdoor session.
FAQ on Outdoor Projector:
Before bidding final goodbye, let’s go through specific FAQs that often come to the mind of buyers.
Q: How many lumens do you need for an outdoor projector?
ANSWER: Well, it entirely depends upon the projector and the image size. Generally, 500 ANSI or 2000 lumens serves as the minimum threshold level as these lumens are sufficient enough to cut through any ambient light. However, for ideal brightness scenario, 3000 ANSI or above is most suitable.
Q: What should I look for in an outdoor projector?
ANSWER: There is a lot to consider when it comes to choosing outdoor projector. However, lumens, resolution, image size, connectivity, and setup facility serves as the crucial consideration that you should look into.
Q: How many lumens do you need to project in daylight?
ANSWER: To project an image in daylight, you will need a minimum 3000 ANSI to get a proper view. But if you want optimum clarity, then it is better to opt for 4000 ANSI or above.
Q: How many lumens is super bright?
ANSWER: Lumens number above 4000 ANSI is considered to be super bright as they can easily maintain top-notch vibrancy in full sunlight.
Q: Do projectors work outside?
ANSWER: Yes, the projector does work outside but to make it work in open-air, it should carry good lumens, sufficient contrast ratio, wide image size, and proper resolution.
Q: How many lumens is direct sunlight?
ANSWER: Well, in direct sunlight most of the projector would offer faded visuals. But if you need to play any visual in direct sunlight, then you would need something around 7000 ANSI to get a proper view.
Q: What is the appropriate color setup for an outdoor projector?
ANSWER: Keeping a balanced lumen and contrast ratio will yield a vibrant and deep color output in the image. However, the color setup entirely depends upon the surrounding, and there is no permanent color setup especially when it is an outdoor projector.
Q: Can you have a backyard movie theater without a projector screen?
ANSWER: No, you can’t simply set up a projector in the backyard without a screen as you won’t have any plain or white surface to project the visual.