Well, if you want to throw yourself into a big screen gaming experience, would you spend on large TV that cost $1500? Or will you invest in the best gaming projector that cost around $500?
You will definitely consider gaming projector because they will not only offer a large screen size option but also offers impressive picture quality without hitting your budget. Given the plethora of choices for a gaming projector, do you know the ideal model that will suit your requirement? If you don’t then you have come to the right place as our team has a created a list top five gaming projector that performs like a pro.
So we guess you will be satisfied with our top and budget pick as well as all the models because all the models have been chosen after thorough scrutiny. Along with the reviews of all the models, we have also listed some facts which will enhance your know-how about a projector.
Top 5 Gaming Projector For 2019 At A Glance
|Quick Look||Name||Resolution||Screen Size||Check Out|
|BenQ HT2150ST||1080p||100 inches|
|Optoma GT1080Darbee||1080p||100 inches|
|EUG Digital||1080p||50-200 inches|
|Sony VPLHW45ESr||1080p||102-162 inches|
|ViewSonic PX700HD||1080p||300 inches|
1. BenQ HT2150ST for Gaming & Sports: The Best Projector for Gaming
2. Optoma GT1080Darbee Short Throw Gaming Projector: The Best Gaming Projector 1080p
3. EUG Digital Gaming Projector: A Cheap Projector for Gaming
4. Sony VPLHW45ES Gaming Projector: The Best 4K Projector for Gaming
5. ViewSonic PX700HD Dual HDMI and Low Input Lag for Gaming: The Best Home Theater Projector For Gaming
Buying Guide for Gaming Projector
Here are some list of considerations,
- Resolution: High-quality visual output is the primary requirement for any gaming projector, and that is why always get 1080p or 4K as native resolution. However, you can also go for 720p resolution but never go below.
- Response Time: Response time plays a crucial role in determining the smoothness and visual quality of a game. So it is best to get something around 16ms response time which will eliminate any motion blur or camera jerk.
- Brightness: Viewing a detailed gaming visual is a part of a gaming experience, so it is smart to choose 2000 ANSI lumens as minimum brightness. Although getting a model with 3000 or more lumens would be a safe bait.
- Contrast Ratio: Make sure your gaming projector comes with a sufficient amount of contrast ratio because it will determine the black depth and clarity. A contrast ratio above 10000:1 will be a good choice as it delivers excellent lucidity.
- Game Modes: Games modes are an essential part of a gaming projector as it creates a balance between gameplay and visual quality. In addition, they also enhance smoothness and refresh rate of a game thus aiding to the gaming experience.
- Image Size: You will surely want to play your game in large screen size so always check whether the projector comes with a broad projection size range or not.
Gaming Projector V/S Home Theater Projector
Well, there isn’t much difference between gaming projector and home theater projector except some few disparities. Basically, they are almost the same as the purpose of both devices is to offer great image quality. Let’s look at those few differences,
- Response Time: Response time is the primary factor that differentiates a gaming projector from a home theater projector. Generally, gaming models pack a response time around 14-16ms while home-theater projectors get a lot slower response time. Response time smoothens up the visuals so that gamers can react at the real time when they are playing a competitive game. Generally, home theater projectors don’t require fast response time as there is no need for them.
- Refresh Rate: Refresh rate is another major factor that glorifies a gaming projector because it determines lucidity and smoothness in the gaming visuals. It eliminates any screen stuttering and motion blur which is an issue in fast-paced scenes. But home theater models generals don’t get high refresh rate as fast-paced scenes in movies are meant to get motion blur. Nowadays you will find some home theater projectors with high refresh rate, but you shouldn’t get confused by that fact because they are still different from gaming projectors.
- Input Lag: The input lag in all the gaming projector is generally low which enhances the gaming experience by offering more details. Most of the gaming models don’t provide the exact input lag figure, but you can stay assured they are much lower than ordinary projectors. However, in home theater models, it is generally high as low input lag doesn’t fall in the requirement list.
- Game Modes: Lastly, games modes is another factor that helps gaming projector to stay at a different segment. Generally, games modes create a balance picture quality to enhance the gaming experience. It often degrades the overall image quality to notch up response time which is an essential criterion of a good gaming projector. Along with game modes, some models also packs various type of technologies like Motion flow and Advanced reality creation whose main job is to offer high clarity frames while you play your game. However, home theater models are devoid of any games modes so you can easily differentiate between two types.
Benefits of Having Gaming Projector
Here is the list of all crucial benefits;
- High refresh rate: The refresh rate of a gaming projector is quite high than ordinary projectors. A high refresh rate also depicts that you will also enjoy fast response time and low input which is essential for gaming. It comes handy when you are playing competitive games as it will assist you to react in the actual time. Moreover, it allows you to view every detail in fast-paced games without any motion blur.
- Big Screen Experience: A primary benefit of owning a gaming projector is that you will get enjoy your favorite on a large screen as they can go up to 200inch with ease. Most importantly it offers a wide range of option for screen size which you won’t get in TV or monitor. However, you can also enjoy games on a large TV, but it is an expensive affair and not everyone can afford it. While playing on a big screen, you can split the screen in two half so you can enjoy a co-op game with your friend.
- Save Space: The amount of space a gaming projector saves is really great whereas a large TV would bite half of the space in your room. It not only saves space but also bars you from buying extra furniture to set it up. You can easily set it up anywhere you want, and it will take a little amount of space. It comes handy when you are living in a small space or apartment in urban areas where space is really a huge issue.
- Portability: You can’t definitely carry your TV where you want but gaming projectors are lighter as well as smaller, and they are quite easy to carry. It is suitable for people who want a portable device which can be a great alternative to a large TV.
- Price: Well it is a controversial comment that a gaming projector is a cost-effective option because there are some TVs costing the same as gaming projectors. However, the overall quality and functionality you will get in a budget range are incomparable to a TV. So we can say that if your priority is to play games on a large screen without sacrificing massive space in your room, then a gaming projector serves as the best bait.