Well, if you want to throw yourself into a big-screen gaming experience, would you spend on a large TV that cost $1500? Or will you invest in the best gaming projector that cost around $500?
You will definitely consider gaming projector because they will not only offer a large screen size option but also offers impressive picture quality without hitting your budget. Given the plethora of choices for a gaming projector, do you know the ideal model that will suit your requirement? If you don’t then you have come to the right place as our team has a created a list top five gaming projector that performs like a pro.
So we guess you will be satisfied with our top and budget pick as well as all the models because all the models have been chosen after thorough scrutiny. Along with the reviews of all the models, we have also listed some facts which will enhance your know-how about a projector.
Top 5 Gaming Projector For 2020 At A Glance
1. BenQ HT2150ST: The Best Projector for Gaming
- 1920 X 1080 native resolution.
- CinematicColor technology.
- 67ms response time.
- 7000hours of longevity.
- 69:1 short throw ratio.
BenQ HT2150ST is a gem in the world of gaming projector 1080p that can easily compete with any projector for gaming and movies. It packs some exclusive gaming functionalities which assist it to produce a mindboggling performance that will hook anyone to the projector for long gaming hours.
Brightness serves as a crucial tool for any home theater projector for gaming, and that is why BenQ HT2150ST gets 2200 ANSI which main optimum vividness in every gaming visuals.
To immerse you in an incredible gaming experience, this gaming projector offers a combo 1920 X 1080p native resolution and DLP projection which is known for its performance.
You will be able to view every detailing in your game while playing on this good gaming projector and it is due to its 15000:1 contrast ratio. It even brings out an accurate color in the visuals with the help of CinematicColor technology and comprehensive coverage of REC.709 color gamut.
It is geared with a 16.67ms low input latency and microsecond DMD response time which ensures that your eye is treated with ultra smooth gaming without any motion blur. To boost up the video processing, BenQ has also given an exclusive algorithm to boost up the performance.
As it is a dedicated gaming projector HD it comes game mode and game bright mode and their main job is to offer you a balanced brightness along with contrast ratio.
It allows you to enjoy your game in a big screen as it comes with a broad screen size range of 30-300inches along with 0.69:1 short throw ratio.
Unsurprisingly it doesn’t rob you from the fluidic sound output, and all the credit goes to its dual 10-watt with Cinema Master Audio+.
2. Optoma GT1080Darbee: The Best Gaming Projector 1080p
- Full HD native resolution.
- 3000 lumens.
- 16ms response time.
- Game Mode.
- 80000hour of lamp longevity.
- 49:1 short throw ratio.
You can consider Optoma GT1080Darbee as a next generation budget gaming projector that has brought a smile to the face of many gamers throughout the US. It is a well-engineered product whose main motto is to treat you with fluidic gaming performance and that too in 3D.
The vividness level Optoma GT1080Darbee brings out with 3000 ANSI lumens in every frame will simply blow your mind, and it ultimately enhances your gaming experience.
If you want full HD PC gaming on projector, then this serves as the ideal device as it offers 1080p native resolution at 16:9 aspect ratio. It also pampers you with full HD 3D capability which takes your gaming experience to the next level.
It won’t ever give you a chance to complain about the clarity in the gaming visuals, and it is due to its 28000:1 contrast ratio along with Dynamic Black technology. Along with clarity, it also excels in the color department, and its sRGB display profile serves as the main reason.
Even though it comes with a single game mode, but it optimizes all the gaming visuals with excellent color and contrast. However, its 16ms response time makes the real difference in the gaming visuals as it eliminates any screen stuttering.
Whether you want to enjoy your game alone or with friends, its 45-300inchs image size range will fulfill all your demands. Another great thing of this 3D gaming projector 1080p is 0.49:1 ultra-short throw ratio which offers maximum screen size from a very short distance.
You can connect various type of gaming device to this model because it gets HDMI, MHL, USB, 3D Sync, 12-v trigger, HDCast Pro and audio 3.5mm.
3. BenQ TH671ST: Low Input Lag Gaming Projector
- Full HD native resolution.
- 3000 ANSI lumens.
- 67ms input lag.
- 69-0.83:1 short-throw ratio.
- 3-years warranty coverage.
BenQ TH671ST is well renowned in the world of gaming projector as it has treated the gamers with impeccable gaming performance and eye-popping ultra-smooth visuals. It is loaded with all the necessary feature that compels the gamers to play their games for a long time.
It utilizes a whopping high brightness of 3000 ANSI lumens that allows the projector to perform like whenever you start your favorite game on the big screen. Moreover, it comes with LumiExpert that automatically sets the brightness of your gaming visuals by detecting the ambient light condition.
Witness unparalleled gaming visual quality with this projector as it is backed by full HD native resolution along with DLP projection system.
The clarity and black depth it has on offer are simply brilliant, and all the praise goes to its 10000:1 contrast ratio. It even gets the support of 92% Rec.709 color accuracy, which indicates that you will get to view true to life color output in all the gaming visuals.
It takes your gaming experience to a whole new level by taking the assistance of 16.67ms low input lag and microsecond DMD response time. The negligible motion blur and image lag not only gives you an edge in the competitive games but also allows you to react in real-time.
With this projector, organizing a co-op gaming session with your friends won’t be a problem because it gets a massive screen size range of 30-300inch. Most importantly it also gets 0.69-0.83:1 throw ratio which depicts that you can easily get 100inch screen from 1.5m away.
You will be spoilt with choices when you will look at its port facilities as it houses D-Sub, Monitor out, HDMI, MHL, USB Type-A & B, 3.5mm audio, and RS232.
4. EUG Digital: A Cheap Projector for Gaming
- 1200 X 800 native resolution.
- 3900 lumens.
- LED longevity of 50000hours.
- USB Plug ‘n Play facility.
- One year warranty.
EUG PJX88 is not a highly decorative gaming mini projector instead it is a cheap projector for gaming that fulfills your desire to experience fluidic gaming on a big screen. This inexpensive gaming projector comes with a decent set of features that combatively puts up a good gaming performance on the screen.
You can stay assured that you never feel a shortage of vividness in your gaming visuals because this Xbox gaming projector packs 3900 lumens. Along with vividness, its 5000:1 also offers a decent amount of clarity in the visuals.
Even though its gets 1280 X 800 native resolution but with the assistance of TFT LCD display it brings out a high-quality output with rich color saturation.
While gaming, you can expand the screen size depending upon your mood because it offers a range of 50-200inch and that too with 5.9-21.1ft throw distance. Not only that, you will even get keystone correction, focus, zoom and 360-degree image flip for any image rectification.
Unlike any best gaming projector, it treats you with a modern LED technology which promises to last around 50000hours without any issue.
Whether you want to connect PC, gaming console or any other device, you won’t face any issue as it comes with HDMI, USB, VGA, YPbPr, AV, analog TV, and audio 3.5mm.
To pamper you with smooth gaming visuals and zero motion blur, EUG has geared this budget gaming projector 60Hz refresh rate, minimal input lag and response time around 17ms.
5. Sony VPLHW45ES: The Best 4K Projector for Gaming
- SXRD projection technology.
- Full HD native resolution.
- 1800 lumens.
- Advanced reality creation with Motionflow.
- Full HD 3D compatibility.
- 6000hours of lamp warranty.
Sony VPLHW45ES can be regarded as one of the best 4K projectors for gaming, and everyone who has used this brilliant device will agree to this fact. Even though it comes with an expensive price tag but the exclusive feature it offers makes it a total value for money product.
Sony VPLHW45ES may offer a brightness of 1800 ANSI Lumens but the vibrancy level it maintains in every frame will leave your flabbergasted.
Along with the assistance of 1920 X 1080 native resolution, this gaming projector 4K produces a spectacular HD quality. However, its advanced SXRD panel technology makes the main impact by notching up the overall quality by a large margin.
When it comes 3D gaming performance, it rocks with its full HD 3D capability and this performance has helped it earn many positive gaming projector reviews. It also bags Sony’s dynamic lamp control which supplies cinema-like 3D brightness in every visual.
You can use this interactive gaming projector anywhere in the house and its 40-300inch screen size range with 1.36:1 short throw ratio serves as the sole reason.
Unlike others, this device handles image correction slight differently as it offers lens shift, manual zoom and manual focus for rectification.
It serves as a dedicated gaming projector, and the inclusion of fast response rate, advanced reality creation technology, and Motionflow technology serves as the proof.
6. ViewSonic PX700HD: The Best Home Theater Projector For Gaming
- DLP projection technology.
- 3500 ANSI Lumens.
- 15000hours of lamp lifespan.
- SuperColor technology.
- 3D Blu-Ray ready.
- Three years warranty.
ViewSonic PX700HD is one of those non-portable projectors for gaming that does not only treat you with engaging gaming performance but also offers beautiful movie session. It gets the best of both worlds but that too without hampering your bank balance.
Many people hail ViewSonic PX700HD for its prowess it’s maintain optimum brightness in any environment, and all the credit goes to its 3500 ANSI lumens.
It often considered as one of the best gaming projectors as its Full HD native resolution delivers a scintillating visual quality by bringing out every detailing in the game.
It is mated to 12000:1 contrast ratio along with SuperColor technology and together they ensure every visual carries a significant amount of clarity and color richness.
This model is destined to pamper you with immersive gaming experience, and that is why it offers 16ms response time along with low input and sports mode feature.
Unsurprisingly it is compatible with almost every gaming devices, and it is facilitated by its HDMI, VGA, USB, RS232, and audio 3.5mm port.
While playing games in this projector, you won’t be restricted to any particular size because it provides an image size range of 30-300inches.
If you want to experience your 3D games, then this model is your best bait as it comes 3D Blu-Ray ready HDMI inputs.
Buying Guide for Gaming Projector
Here are some list of considerations,
- Resolution: High-quality visual output is the primary requirement for any gaming projector, and that is why always get 1080p or 4K as native resolution. However, you can also go for 720p resolution but never go below.
- Response Time: Response time plays a crucial role in determining the smoothness and visual quality of a game. So it is best to get something around 16ms response time which will eliminate any motion blur or camera jerk.
- Brightness: Viewing a detailed gaming visual is a part of a gaming experience, so it is smart to choose 2000 ANSI lumens as minimum brightness. Although getting a model with 3000 or more lumens would be a safe bait.
- Contrast Ratio: Make sure your gaming projector comes with a sufficient amount of contrast ratio because it will determine the black depth and clarity. A contrast ratio above 10000:1 will be a good choice as it delivers excellent lucidity.
- Game Modes: Games modes are an essential part of a gaming projector as it creates a balance between gameplay and visual quality. In addition, they also enhance smoothness and refresh rate of a game thus aiding to the gaming experience.
- Image Size: You will surely want to play your game in large screen size so always check whether the projector comes with a broad projection size range or not.
Gaming Projector V/S Home Theater Projector
Well, there isn’t much difference between gaming projector and home theater projector except some few disparities. Basically, they are almost the same as the purpose of both devices is to offer great image quality. Let’s look at those few differences,
- Response Time: Response time is the primary factor that differentiates a gaming projector from a home theater projector. Generally, gaming models pack a response time around 14-16ms while home-theater projectors get a lot slower response time. Response time smoothens up the visuals so that gamers can react at the real time when they are playing a competitive game. Generally, home theater projectors don’t require fast response time as there is no need for them.
- Refresh Rate: Refresh rate is another major factor that glorifies a gaming projector because it determines lucidity and smoothness in the gaming visuals. It eliminates any screen stuttering and motion blur which is an issue in fast-paced scenes. But home theater models generals don’t get high refresh rate as fast-paced scenes in movies are meant to get motion blur. Nowadays you will find some home theater projectors with high refresh rate, but you shouldn’t get confused by that fact because they are still different from gaming projectors.
- Input Lag: The input lag in all the gaming projector is generally low which enhances the gaming experience by offering more details. Most of the gaming models don’t provide the exact input lag figure, but you can stay assured they are much lower than ordinary projectors. However, in home theater models, it is generally high as low input lag doesn’t fall in the requirement list.
- Game Modes: Lastly, games modes is another factor that helps gaming projector to stay at a different segment. Generally, games modes create a balance picture quality to enhance the gaming experience. It often degrades the overall image quality to notch up response time which is an essential criterion of a good gaming projector. Along with game modes, some models also packs various type of technologies like Motion flow and Advanced reality creation whose main job is to offer high clarity frames while you play your game. However, home theater models are devoid of any games modes so you can easily differentiate between two types.
Benefits of Having Gaming Projector
Here is the list of all crucial benefits;
- High refresh rate: The refresh rate of a gaming projector is quite high than ordinary projectors. A high refresh rate also depicts that you will also enjoy fast response time and low input which is essential for gaming. It comes handy when you are playing competitive games as it will assist you to react in the actual time. Moreover, it allows you to view every detail in fast-paced games without any motion blur.
- Big Screen Experience: A primary benefit of owning a gaming projector is that you will get enjoy your favorite on a large screen as they can go up to 200inch with ease. Most importantly it offers a wide range of option for screen size which you won’t get in TV or monitor. However, you can also enjoy games on a large TV, but it is an expensive affair and not everyone can afford it. While playing on a big screen, you can split the screen in two half so you can enjoy a co-op game with your friend.
- Save Space: The amount of space a gaming projector saves is really great whereas a large TV would bite half of the space in your room. It not only saves space but also bars you from buying extra furniture to set it up. You can easily set it up anywhere you want, and it will take a little amount of space. It comes handy when you are living in a small space or apartment in urban areas where space is really a huge issue.
- Portability: You can’t definitely carry your TV where you want but gaming projectors are lighter as well as smaller, and they are quite easy to carry. It is suitable for people who want a portable device which can be a great alternative to a large TV.
- Price: Well it is a controversial comment that a gaming projector is a cost-effective option because there are some TVs costing the same as gaming projectors. However, the overall quality and functionality you will get in a budget range are incomparable to a TV. So we can say that if your priority is to play games on a large screen without sacrificing massive space in your room, then a gaming projector serves as the best bait.