Have you ever felt the need for a speaker while having an outdoor or bbq party? It’s one of the most common phenomena in the life of regular Americans. But worry not because we are here today the best Bluetooth speaker for outdoor party.
In this article, we’ll take a look at the advantages of a speaker while giving you a comprehensive idea of what to look for while buying one. We have done extensive research so that you don’t have to. Without further ado, let’s get you started.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Bluetooth Speakers?
- 2 But why a party speaker?
- 3 Best Bluetooth Speaker for Outdoor Party – Comparison
- 4 Best Bluetooth Speaker For Outdoor Party – Review
- 4.1 1. ION Audio Tailgater Portable PA Speaker
- 4.2 2. Altec Lansing ALP-XP800 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- 4.3 3. Acoustic Research Hatteras Wireless Speaker
- 4.4 4. Toshiba TY-ASC400 Large Bluetooth Trolley Speaker System
- 4.5 5. Samvix Sazooka Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- 4.6 6. Bluetooth Outdoor Rock Speaker- Stereo Pair
- 4.7 7. Polk Audio Atrium 4 Outdoor Speakers
- 4.8 8. Outdoor Technology OT4200 Big Turtle
- 4.9 9. Brookstone Big Blue Party Bluetooth Speaker
- 4.10 10. Sony ZS-BTG900 Portable NFC Boombox Speaker System
- 5 Take Away
Why Bluetooth Speakers?
You might think why should you buy a Bluetooth speaker instead of a wired speaker? There was a time when Bluetooth speakers were expensive and were not worth the money. But now, Bluetooth speakers and wired speakers are in the same price range. So, why go for the tangled nightmare of wires?
But why a party speaker?
Now, if you are hosting a party outdoors, it’s likely that you’ll have guests over. The more people there are, the more noise they make. Also, outdoor spaces don’t reflect sound as good as indoors. So, a regular Bluetooth speaker might not suffice for the open space.
Best Bluetooth Speaker for Outdoor Party – Comparison
|ION Audio Tailgater||Bluetooth, USB, Auxillary||Wireless||Check Latest Price|
|Altec Lansing ALP-XP800||Bluetooth and NFC||Wireless||Check Latest Price|
|Acoustic Research Hatteras||Bluetooth||Outdoor||Check Latest Price|
|Toshiba TY-ASC400 Large||Bluetooth, USB, Auxillary||Outdoor||Check Latest Price|
|Samvix Sazooka Portable||Bluetooth||Outdoor||Check Latest Price|
|Bluetooth Outdoor Rock||Bluetooth||Outdoor||Check Latest Price|
|Polk Audio Atrium 4||Bluetooth||Outdoor||Check Latest Price|
|Outdoor Technology OT4200||Wireless||Outdoor||Check Latest Price|
|Brookstone Big Blue||Bluetooth, Auxillary, NFC||Outdoor||Check Latest Price|
|Sony ZS-BTG900||Bluetooth, NFC||Outdoor||Check Latest Price|
Best Bluetooth Speaker For Outdoor Party – Review
So, we’ve cleared the air with the concept of why a Bluetooth speaker. Now, let’ get right into the review for the best Bluetooth speakers for outdoor party.
1. ION Audio Tailgater Portable PA Speaker
If you’re a hunter for combo packages, this Bluetooth party speaker from ION is the worthiest. It’s one of the best outdoor speaker choices at any give price point. It doesn’t look like much from the outside, but it’s a beast inside.
ION Audio Tailgater is a model from 2016 from the Tailgater series and still prevails as one of the best picks. It’s short, it’s square. It’s around 13” tall. It’s adequately lightweight and portable for the size.
The front of the speaker holds the controls and speaker grills. The top has an antenna while the back connects this beast to the power outlets. The control panel features one 3.5mm auxiliary output if you wish to use it in wired mode.
The mic connection sits right below the auxiliary port. Mic volume and master volume have separate nobs for more efficient controlling. There is a USB port as well as right in the control panel. Bluetooth, radio, and playback buttons are found in the panel as well.
The Bluetooth connectivity of this speaker is up to 50 feet range. It has NFC as well that allows you to connect your phone instantly. The antenna is there to connect you to the nearest radio stations without any interference. The USB port works as a power source for charging your phone or other devices.
The battery life of this speaker is about 50 hours. But realistically, it will last up to 20 hours with medium volume. The mic is included in the package to give you the most complete karaoke package. The cable length for the mic is 90 inches which should be enough for a blasting karaoke session.
- 50Watt dynamic power range for excellent audio
- Aux, Bluetooth, and mic input
- Can be used as a power bank
- Built-in radio antenna
- A good range for Bluetooth
- Works as a standalone karaoke setup
- Look wise, it’s nothing special
- Daisy-chaining not possible
2. Altec Lansing ALP-XP800 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
If there is a Bluetooth speaker that gives the ultimate party vibe, it’s the Altec Lansing ALP-XP800. It looks gorgeous and performs like one too. The people who know the audio industry, have definitely heard of Altec Lansing.
It’s one of the largest and loudest speakers from the legendary Xpedition lineup. It has two 8-inch woofers and three 1-ich tweeters to provide the greatest outdoor audio experience possible. It consumes 480W of power!
This best Bluetooth speaker for outdoor party is equipped with all the modern amenities like auxiliary connections, NFC connection, and Bluetooth connectivity. You know it’s a true outdoor speaker because is IP67 rated while being waterproof and dustproof.
If you are a baller and want the neighbor to know what’s going on, you can pair with another XP800 and use it as a stereo pair. It’s the perfect speaker for party animals because it comes with its own lighting effects. The woofers provide 12 color combinations for your personal light show while the two strobe lights will match the beats of your song.
As for sound quality, there is a dedicated beast mode that unlocks all the potential from this machine. It’s the loudest speaker in its class. But all that power is enclosed in a very portable and lightweight shell. You can charge it from any outlet as well.
- Matches any party environment
- Looks awesome and has dedicated light effects
- It’s practically nature proof so you can use it under any circumstances
- Strobe lights dance to the beat of the music
- Beast mode to unleash the maximum audio performance possible
- State of the art connectivity for all kinds of devices
- The beast mode can degrade the quality of sound due to high decibels
- Battery life is not the best
- Comes at a hefty price
3. Acoustic Research Hatteras Wireless Speaker
It’s one of the most unique speakers on our list. It looks posh while giving you the sound of your life with two 20watt amplifiers. It’s a single 2-foot tower with a large and dynamic subwoofer integrated inside.
It’s the perfect setup for the people who want home theater-like sound experience but outdoors. It’s a Bluetooth speaker gives you absolute freedom on how you want to utilize it. There is an auxiliary input for you to connect any device of your choice.
The speaker is also equipped with 360 lighting effects to add to the party vibe. The light has six different modes including dance, solid color, race, party, breathe and pulse. The light is powerful enough to light an entire backyard.
As for audio, the speaker has four full-range drivers to give you an astonishing audio experience. If you’re a bass lover, there are only a few options for you in terms of party speakers it’s undoubtedly the best of them all.
The speaker itself is very portable and lightweight. It has a top-mounted handle so that you can carry it around wherever you want. The plastic and metal build is strong enough to withstand all kinds of weather conditions.
- Superb sound quality
- Two 20watt amplifiers with subwoofers for maximum sound
- Unique design and durable construction
- Integrated LED lighting with six different modes
- Top of the line bass clarity
- Lightweight and portable
- The maximum sound level is not the best of qualit
4. Toshiba TY-ASC400 Large Bluetooth Trolley Speaker System
Toshiba is a world-class brand when it comes to electronic products. The TY-ASC400 is a true multipurpose speaker system. It’s designed for maximum audio quality while giving the right outdoor durability.
It has a DJ style control, commonly found in Toshiba party speakers. There are dedicated buttons for extra bass power, SD support, the 5-color disco flashing light and a 5-band equalizer. Moreover, it has a peak power draw of 1000W which is insane for even the best Bluetooth speaker for outdoor party.
The multi-colored disco light is great for outdoor parties at night where you can use this speaker as your primary light source. It looks like a speaker from the past. Don’t let it look fool you. It’s packed with modern technologies like DJ controls.
This model from Toshiba is designed to handle all kinds of musical genres you can think of. The drivers are optimized to keep the treble balanced. The treble control automatically keeps with the bass response to compensate for genre changes. It’s a true miracle that can produce an audiophile level of sound.
It has a USB port so you can connect any wired device with it. It has built-in Bluetooth. The EQ connectivity features allow you to control the music with your own fingers. It’s a pretty portable unit with integrated handles. It weighs around 35lbs. but the power it packs is unbelievable.
- Plug and play
- Lightweight and portable
- 5-color disco light configuration
- One-touch EQ connectivity
- Dual USB Ports
- Amazing peak power of 1000W
- Amazing sound quality even at full blast
- It’s not a battery-powered unit
5. Samvix Sazooka Portable Bluetooth Speaker
If there is one truly aesthetic speaker in the market right now, that would be the Samvix Sazooka Hi-Fi Extra Bass Cylinder. As you can already guess from the name, it looks like a cylinder. It works as a singalong karaoke setup as well.
This speaker for party might look small but it packs enough power to blow your and your guests’ mind away. It comes with top of the line sound quality with maximum loudness achievable. Keep in mind that it’s a small unit so you can’t expect it to cover your backyard.
There are four knobs on the face of this cylinder. As the system is a singalong karaoke model, there is a mic included in the package. There are dedicated knobs to control mic volume and bass as well.
It’s an ultra-portable model that comes with all the modern amenities like Bluetooth connectivity, wireless streaming, USB ports, and micro SD card. It fits virtually anywhere thanks to its compact size. It’s very portable because it’s lightweight and comes with folded handles.
The maximum power output of this speaker is 25W. It’s far less than the conventional outdoor speakers, but the technology is derived to work more efficiently to save power while keeping the sound quality high.
The control panel has four knobs. One for the mic volume, one for the bass, one for the master volume and another for the Bluetooth streaming devices. It’s a wonder to see that such a minimalistic approach can result in such a controllable Bluetooth speaker for outdoor party.
- The battery lasts very long
- Hi-Fi singalong technology for a mind-blowing karaoke experience
- Very lightweight and portable
- Compact size with maximum controls
- Works with different inputs including Aux, USB, mic and SD cards
- Rich bass quality
- A fraction of the cost of big party speakers
- Sound doesn’t get as loud as conventional outdoor speakers
6. Bluetooth Outdoor Rock Speaker- Stereo Pair
It’s such a lowkey model that you will mistake it for a plain rock. That’s the beauty of Stereo Pair by Sound Appeal. It’s the perfect choice if you plan to use this best Bluetooth speaker for outdoor party for, well outdoor parties.
It’s a Bluetooth speaker so it doesn’t need any wire to connect to your music source. You can surprise your friend and family with this amazing speaker. Just put it outside and play something on it. They will wonder where the sound is coming from.
The Bluetooth works for about 100 feet away so you get a wide area to party with your phone still in your pockets. As for the sound quality, it’s a pretty expensive speaker for party. So, you can expect justifiable sound output from this device.
It has multilayer cabinets that house the actual woofers inside. It’s a weatherproof design to give you the full audio experience under any circumstances. The unique perk of this unit is that you keep leave it outside if you want without having to worry about damaging it.
The sound is delivered using a 40W class D amplifier. It has a 6.50” woofer driver to create deep bass with high fidelity. The 1-inch dome tweeters are responsible for keeping the high end smooth. The 6.5” speakers might seem inadequate, but they are good enough for medium and large spaces.
- Can withstand all weathers and temperature
- Sleek design that looks like rocks
- High fidelity sound with rich bass
- Long Bluetooth connectivity range
- Frequency response ranges from 35Hz to 20kHz
- Class D amplifier for maximum power out of 40W
- Lightweight and portable
- Battery life is not the best in class
- Sound quality might degrade at full-blast
7. Polk Audio Atrium 4 Outdoor Speakers
Polk is a name that every audio enthusiast holds near and dear to their hearts. Polk has been providing state of the art audio equipment to the mass people for quite some time. They are not behind in the race of best Bluetooth speaker for outdoor party as well.
This model from Polk is called Atrium 4, a series first started in 2002. It’s a widely appreciated and loved model among the audiophiles. It comes with top of the line supersonic performance along with weatherproofing. It means you can use this speaker in any weather and enjoy a good session of music. It even exceeds the military-grade specifications for environmental endurance.
In terms of design, the Atrium 4 goes for a minimalistic design. Considering that it was first introduced in 2002, the design is far advanced for the time. It is one of the main reasons that this model still prevails today.
The anodized tweeter domes in the front are covered with rubber bushes and results in a better response. The outer shell of the speaker has bold curves that fit any landscape with ease. As the model is tested for rigorous weatherproofing, there is no harm in leaving it outside as well.
The sound produces by this speaker is good in every aspect of an outdoor speaker. The anodized domes ensure that the high range is smooth and linear. The woofer in the middle handles the rest of the quality seamlessly.
- Amazing resistance under any weather conditions
- Looks good even after almost two decades
- Speed lock mounting system for easier installations
- Baffle design to fit any background
- Anodized tweeter dome with rubber lining for protection
- Great high-end sound
- Lightweight and portable
- Built-in Bluetooth not available, but you can get 2-channel amp to get the Bluetooth, it’s worth it
- The high-end sound might not satisfy all customers
8. Outdoor Technology OT4200 Big Turtle
If you can’t guess from the name already, it looks like a turtle shell. Developed by Outdoor Technology, this is a portable speaker for outdoor use. It’s waterproof and provides top of the line sound quality.
The sound quality is of this speaker is way stronger than you would initially anticipate. It’s really hard to find such a great speaker in such a price range. The 7500 milliamps of power, the battery will last up to 16 hours of playtime.
The turtle shell speaker provides a complete sound experience. It uses built-in Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity along with aptX audio codec to connect the speakers with any imaginable device. It can produce up to 110 decibels of clear sound that covers up to 32 feet. The external controls are there to give you absolute control over the settings you want.
- Also works as a power bank
- Very light and portable, anyone can carry it
- 360 degrees surround-like sound quality
- Customer connectivity with every possible device
- Long battery life with up to 16 hours of playtime
- Waterproof and suitable for outside parties
- High-end sound is not the best
- The curves might accumulate dust easily
9. Brookstone Big Blue Party Bluetooth Speaker
Brookstone might not be a very well-acquainted name, but it has certainly developed a masterpiece for the party lovers. The Big Blue is a massive speaker with a very futuristic and practical design.
It looks like a tower with a handle to carry it on top. The entire body of this speaker is covered in mesh grill which is great for surround sound effects. It weighs only 12 pounds which is practically nothing for a Bluetooth speaker of this caliber.
The speaker connects to Bluetooth from up to 33 feet away. The battery is not the best but it still manages to produce 4.5 hours of backup. It has Bluetooth as well as NFC connectivity. It means you can connect another NFC-enabled speaker with it as well.
The Big Blue Party from Brookstone requires 72 watts of power at full blast. The full-range drivers can deliver true 360 audio and there are four of them. The bass profile of this beast is one of the, if not the best in class. The sound is balanced. It might seem very expensive, but it’s worth every penny.
- Rich sound quality with amazing bass profile
- 72W peak power draw
- Aux input, NFC, and 33 feet Bluetooth connectivity
- Futuristic yet minimal looking
- Four full-range drivers for 360 sound
- Bluetooth range is not the best
- Short battery life
10. Sony ZS-BTG900 Portable NFC Boombox Speaker System
Let’s end our list with a boom. It’s the ultimate contender of electronic products, Sony again. The ZS-BTG900 is the most expensive speaker in our list and for valid reasons. This Bluetooth speaker is madness from every aspect.
It’s a party beast and it looks like one. The dual woofers on each end and the tweeter domes balance the sound, unlike anything you’ve heard before. It weighs only 8 pounds which means you can basically carry it with one hand.
The center subwoofer is the heart of this system. All of the drivers included in the speaker has mild red lighting to give it a bad-boy effect. The build quality of this thing is mind-blowing and hence the price is so high.
Keep in mind that his model is particularly geared towards seasoned audio enthusiasts who can actually appreciate the features and the sheer quality. If you’re just starting out, it’s best for you to stick with a lower-end model.
- Portable boombox with a solid bass profile
- CD slot
- Bluetooth and NFC enabled
- Sound quality is off the charts
- Radio enabled
- Red lighting
- Solid build quality
- Buttons instated of knob for the radio
Investing in the best Bluetooth speaker for outdoor party is not everyone’s cup of tea. The fact that you’re here means that you have a passion for good music and good sound quality. Hence, our effort to find it.
It’s really hard for us to recommend one of the many speakers. All of them come with their own perks and features. Go through the review and see what fits your needs and your budget.